Sr Research Engineer
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Provide technical expertise in the design, engineering and product development and testing of current and future medical devices.
- Conduct product research and development from concept to launch, transfer technologies to manufacturing sites, and provide technical support for (1) production start-ups and new product launches, (2) existing brand maintenance and improvement, and (3) manufacturing operations to maintain quality and integrity of existing products.
- Take on full ownership of product development process from start to finish by formulating a full development plan involving other subject matter experts and engineering functions. This may include but is not limited to ownership of simultaneous design activities such as Design verification (Test plans/protocols), Risk analysis, and Design reviews. Fully understand the roles of cross functional team members, coordinate the activities between these functions and be accountable for meeting the objectives and on time/budget delivery on commitments. Provide data-based recommendations and inform management of key decisions along the way.
- Design and manage the execution of experiments. Collect and analyze data. Report results, draw conclusions and make data-based decisions to inform management.
- Analyze consumer feedback, identify and understand consumer needs and the gaps between consumer needs and existing products, prepare summary report and initiate/conduct follow-through tasks.
- Review, prepare and assemble Design History Files, Project Summary Sheets, MSDS and other relevant documentation to support launch of new products. Review, update, and maintain electronic product specifications. Adhere and follow the established SOP and policies. Provide guidance when needed regarding product documentation maintenance for Design History Files and electronic databases.
The successful candidate will have a B.S. degree from an accredited institution in Chemical/Mechanical/Materials/Biomechanical Engineering or related disciplines, with 5+ years of laboratory experience. An Associate Degree with 12+ years relevant work experience is acceptable. A Ph.D. in a relevant discipline with 0 – 3 year experience is acceptable.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More