Supply Chain Planner
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Title: Supply Chain Planner
The Supply Chain Planner plans finished goods inventory for all SKUs within their assigned product families and plants. The objective is to achieve the desired customer service levels, desired inventory coverage, and to facilitate optimum inventory efficiency. In addition to this the senior supply planner supports multiple brand marketing projects around product transitions and allocations. They also act as a mentor and trainer for local planner and are the SAP APO superuser.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Maintains SAP master data for all assigned SKU’s to ensure accurate supply from all locations
- Work closely with Material Management to ensure effective execution of Canadian built SKU’s
- Works closely with the Demand Planning team to meet customer promotions, NPD launches and baseline volume, through active participation and development of the S&OP process
- Works closely with US corporate planning, and external partners to understand capacity by location, line, and production variations in developing weekly plans
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining, and improving the inventory targets while sustaining order fill and case fill rates at our targeted level
- Works with Customer Service and production facilities, US corporate planning, to develop a dynamic supply chain while keeping cost to deliver and complexity to a minimum
- Coordinates with Transportation, GMS, plant production planning, and warehouse personnel to ensure appropriate scheduling and routing
- Create, analyze and publish inventory reports, monitor alerts and notify the appropriate stakeholders on short term and mid-term potential supply risks and provide action plan for distribution
- Manage product transition through coordinating efforts of materials management, production planning and marketing, to minimizing obsolescence of finished goods
Transition and allocation management
- Collaborate cross functionally with local marketing team, GMS, USA supply planning and demand planning to ensure successful product transitions across multiple brands.
- Assess the complexity of the transition and define level of support required
- Scenario model various transition plans to ensure minimal finished goods and raw material write offs
- Gain agreement and alignment with all parties on the desired scenario
- Monitor the agreed upon scenario to ensure successful transitions and act if the plan starts to deviate from agreement
- In the event of sustained supply shortages for any brands work with CSP, USA supply planning, GMS and Customer logistics to create supply allocation strategies
- Monitor these allocations and work to remove them
Leadership through influence
- Support the local supply planning team with skill development and training
- Be the local super user on SAP APO
- Be seen as a strong leader within the over all supply chain team
- Fill rates for the brands supply planned
- Inventory turns for brands that are supply planned
- Inventory write offs for brands in transition
Education and Experience
- Business degree desired in supply chain
- College education preferred in Supply Chain
- 5-7 years planning experience required
- CPG experience preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent working knowledge of SAP and APO
- Strong use of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft office products
- Experience with Power BI an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Bilingual an asset
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to analyze data and determine opportunities for improvement
- Lean and Six sigma knowledge an asset
- The ideal candidate must be a professional team-oriented individual who can manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and be able to adhere to deadlines
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More