Sr Manager, Indirect Procurement - Marketing
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
An experienced procurement professional who can lead the development and execution of a strategic vision and operational plan in areas of Marketing to maximize business opportunities through effective category management and strategic sourcing process execution. The senior category manager will be responsible for managing the Marketing portfolio which will contribute to an overall Procurement financial targets. In addition, Sr. Category Manager may manage and support other categories of spend as required (e.g. Professional Services)
- Develop Category Management vision, strategies and objectives to deliver against broader business objectives
- Specific Category responsibilities include all Marketing areas (creative agencies, advertising, digital, promotional materials, marketing research, coupon distribution and redemption, and others)
- This position requires strong industry experience and category subject matter expertise in most Marketing areas. Expertise should include knowledge of industry trends, prominent suppliers, industry procurement strategies and levers, etc.
- Identify and execute strategic initiatives within the categories mentioned above to drive maximum cost savings and value creation for the organization
- Partner closely with key stakeholder teams to understand critical business needs and develop strategies
- Develop specific category strategies for the assigned spend categories, including market research/benchmarks, milestones, savings targets, resource requirements, and implementation plans
- Lead and motivate cross-functional teams as required for projects
- Help achieve corporate supplier diversity goals
- Track financial results and quantitative supplier performance for strategic suppliers; identify gaps in performance and develop mitigation strategies to restore performance to plan
- Develop and implement a Supplier Relationship Management program to monitor performance of strategic suppliers and drive continuous improvement and innovation
- Drive key procurement activities, including RFx development and execution, Statement of Work (SOW) and contract drafting, and pricing and contract negotiations
- Strong industry experience and category subject matter expertise in Marketing Procurement
- Ability to think and act strategically, coupled with analytical curiosity and collaborative style
- Excellent business partnering, communications (verbal and written), and presentation skills
- Appreciation and emphasis on developing and following common processes
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence senior leaders and their teams across the organization and on a global basis in a large fast growing and complex organization
- Proven program management skills with ability to manage multiple complex workstreams
- Providing thought leadership for the business and broader enterprise functions
- Previous experience leading teams within Procurement or across Business Functions
- Ability to analyze and interpret diverse industry & category characteristics
- High degree of motivation, the ability to prioritize and self-direct, strong business acumen and sound interpersonal skills.
- Ability to inspire, delegate, be intuitive, and be a creative visionary
- Bachelors (required), MBA (preferred) CPIM, CSCP or CPSM certification (preferred)
- 7 to 10 yrs. relevant Procurement or Supply chain experience. Min. 3+ yrs. Category Management experience within Marketing Procurement
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Access, Word; PowerPoint, Outlook, ERP/ P2P systems knowledge
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More