Logistics Tech I at Water Pik, Inc.
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Responsible for the quality and accuracy of Domestic and International Shipping and the 3PL warehouse system for the Operations Department. Works closely with Logistics team to understand customer and shipping requirements outlined in the Customer Route Guides. Actively works with cross-functional teams to reduce compliance charges.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Arranges transportation for Domestic orders.
- Understanding of shipping processes and how 3PL’s function and operate.
- Basic knowledge of Operating System (Oracle) in order to complete job functions.
- Releases international orders for shipment including orders for 3PL warehouse locations.
- Prepares documents using the international documentation system (SPEX) in accordance to international requirements and US governmental regulations.
- Basic knowledge of EDI and ASN functions that relate to shipping and logistics.
- Actively participates in appropriate job-related teams.
- Assists other departments with troubleshooting of the Oracle system as it pertains to Order Management, Receivables and Advanced Pricing.
- Audits, monitors and reconciles 3PL sub-inventory locations, as required.
- Provides training on Oracle Software and systems, as required, to continue the smooth operation of the Order Management (shipping) module.
- Responsible for acquiring current route guides and updates web portal with current revisions.
- Writes and implements work instructions based on route guide requirements. Works with 3PLs to ensure work instructions are followed.
- Reviews and disputes compliance charges.
- Monitors and assists 3PLs with routing for required customers. As required, will travel to 3PLs to audit procedures.
- Ability to complete data entry in a timely and correct manner.
- Represents Company with customer’s logistics teams.
- Must have a high reading and comprehension level.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail. Can manage multiple projects at the same time; and quickly organize data for analysis/presentation; and can coordinate similar processes with different inputs and requirements to meet individualized customer needs.
- Conducts all activities in a manner that is at all times fair, moral, ethical and legal.
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate the ability to set priorities and work under minimum supervision.
- Possess good problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly through written and presentation skills.
- Use of discretion with sensitive material and information is required.
- Demonstrate a desire to upgrade personal skills.
- Must be knowledgeable in Exel, Power Point, and Word.
- Ability to work in websites and research compliance and customer issues.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Customs -Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT)
- Knowledge of INCO terms and application to domestic and International shipping.
- Knowledge of shipping terms and application to shipping process.
Should possess a minimum of three years’ experience in an order fulfillment environment. A minimum of two years in order entry, fulfillment, scheduling, or logistics planning, preferably Oracle-based system.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to Department Leader/Manager
Supervisory Duties: none
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More