Manager I Logistics
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Responsible for the daily operations of global customer shipments, implementing lean concepts throughout the supply chain and managing all global 3PL transactions, including PTO activities. Daily functions include overseeing of the movement, distribution and storage of Finished Goods. Collaborates with cross functional teams in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans. Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement and streamlined processes when necessary.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities (Describe the 5-7 major accountabilities)
- Lead and direct the daily functions of all 3 PL activity to ensure capacity and efficiency are maintained. This includes developing and maintaining metrics and linearity.
- Organize the storage and distribution of goods to ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at the best cost.
- Fosters an environment that supports process improvement and Kaizen initiatives.
- Strong understanding of Order to Cash process which include EDI, order processing and meeting customer needs.
- Oversee all global logistics related activities for the Company, including cost effectiveness, customer compliance and overall departmental performance including high levels of customer service.
- Establishes and maintain KPI’s for all activities. This includes emphasis on customer scorecards and Global 3PL metrics.
- Benchmark against industry standards to reduce compliance fines and improves overall metrics.
- Knowledge and expertise of E-Commerce to develop and maintain processes for Direct to Consumer website shipping and returns process.
- Oversee all finished goods warehousing activities for Global 3PL logistic locations.
- Assures that appropriate staffing positions are maintained, and effective training has taken place in conjunction with other functional areas of the business to support company goals and strategies.
- Develop strategic short term and long-term plans in support of company goals and strategies including, staffing, and warehousing, using lean initiatives.
- Intrinsically familiar with the technologies of the industry and drive development opportunities that support cost reduction and strategies of the company.
- Oversee all product return and reclamation activities to minimize the waste of material and support cost avoidance.
- Develop and implement streamlined processes throughout the Global supply chain organization.
- Responsible for monitoring of Import and Export Compliance.
- Support and monitor all ISO and FDA processes for logistics operations.
- Facilitates all safety requirements and guidelines and support all safety audits.
- Has an understanding of Hazmat and ensures guidelines are being followed.
- Oversees and manages all facility activities including environmental regulations and safety.
- Attends professional and technical conferences to exchange information. Actively participates; presenting information, presiding over meetings/groups. Meets with company customers and other company representatives, usually at management levels.
- Conducts all activities in a manner, which is at all times fair, moral, ethical, and legal. Hires, rewards, and promotes without discrimination and without regard to age, sex, ethic origin, physical condition, or religious beliefs.
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have detailed knowledge of Lean Principles & Techniques, inventory control, E-Comm, retail customers and an understanding of and the ability to work with sales, finance, IT, engineering and HR departments.
- Must have the ability to assess evidence and turn conclusions into practical recommendations through strong analytical skills and logical thought processes.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills. Must conduct self in a professional manner.
- Should have solid critical and forward thinking skills for the best possible predictions for the needs of the Supply Chain.
- Must have a strong Information Technology background that can be effectively utilized to drive overall company initiatives, and translate the needs of the organization into working processes.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations to stay compliant
- Knowledge of ISO Certification requirements.
Education and Experience
Position requires a minimum of a four-year degree, preferably in Business, Logistics, or Supply Chain (or equivalent experience). Continued updating of knowledge and professional development through participation in professional organizations.
Incumbent must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Logistics or Supply Chain and a minimum of seven years in management.
Key areas of experience: E-Comm, inventory control, retail customers, route guide and customer compliance understanding, Lean/Kaizen, and Oracle.
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements
Heavy domestic and international travel (approximately 25% - 35%) is required.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Director of Operations.
Supervisory Duties: Logistics Personnel and 3PL activities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More