QC Lab Technician
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This is for a Traditional Midnight Shift schedule with weekend coverage as needed.
Ensures strict adherence to company and government quality standards by testing and observing the production, bagging; packaging of sodium bicarbonate and MEGALAC. Testing incoming raw materials, inspecting bulks shipments, and providing analytical support to the Engineering Department for process optimization.
What you’ll do:
- Completes assigned routine analyses, required replicate testing and reporting, without direct supervision
- Provides analytical and technical support to ensure personnel safety and proper equipment maintenance
- Inspects bagging and packaging lines for product specifications, such as weight, date code, and proper equipment operations
- Inspects all phases of plant production operations to ensure overall quality of finished product
- Samples and evaluates all incoming shipments for specification compliance
- Evaluates non-conforming results and initiates re-sampling, retesting, and/or on hold procedures as required
- Audits work performed for omissions, deletions, and errors
- Records all data obtained, using established formats and notation conventions
- Maintains cleanliness of equipment, supplies, and work area
- Makes written/verbal releases of tested materials to production or shipping supervision, according to established quality control policies
- Compiles summaries of test results for inclusion in regular departmental reporting
- Participates in and lends support to the Quality Improvement Process
- Familiar with the plant food safety program and basic HACCP principles
- Lift 50 pounds consistently
What you’ll need:
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluent in MS Office Suite
- SAP experience preferred.
- Minimum Associate’s degree in Chemistry or related science field or relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related science field preferred.
- Manufacturing Lab Environment Experience preferred.
- Hands on Knowledge of GC, ICP, and HPLC equipment preferred.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More