Sr Manager, Research
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Sr. Manager will work with other researchers and multidisciplinary project teams to solve complex technical R&D problems using analytical science. The Sr. Manager will evaluate the current technical challenge, design analytical experiments, interpret results, clearly communicate findings and recommend technical solutions to various product and process personnel. Will develop expertise in analytical technologies pertinent to business needs. The Sr. Manager will lead a team Chemists, Microbiologist and technicians providing technical guidance and development. Collaborates with internal and external resources. Works closely with VP to define objectives/goals/priorities.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities (Describe the 5-7 major accountabilities)
- Provide technical expertise to product and process development groups in solving technical problems involving formulation composition, efficacy, stability, etc.
- Develop new analytical techniques for the quantitation of analytes, develop method validation protocols.
- Assist product, process and groups and manufacturing facilities to troubleshoot product and process issues as they arise.
- Develop QC test methodology for manufacturing plants and copackers, develop and oversee method transfer protocols.
- Recommend outside testing methodologies and facilities to assist analytical problem solving.
- Work cross-functionally with R&D Formulation, Technology, Process, Quality and Manufacturing.
- Identify and, as needed, direct the necessary analytical or microbiology resources to assist methodology transfer to manufacturing plants and copackers.
Education and Experience
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent with 10+ years industrial/technical experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve a variety of complex analytical issues in an industrial environment.
- Proven track record of technical accomplishment involving analytical problem-solving.
- Broad experience in many and varied analytical techniques and technologies.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work effectively with personnel from different technical disciplines towards problem resolution.
- Proven track record of analytical accomplishment.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to supervise and mentor other technical personnel in the department
Refer to R&D Training Matrix for group (or role)-specific mandatory training.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More