Customer Development Manager at Waterpik
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Provides support for specific assigned customers providing data analysis and analytical support across a wide spectrum of business situations. Distills data into actionable information, capable of summarizing, analyzing, and cross-referencing data from different sources for the purposes of extracting key insights and actionable conclusions for various internal “consumers” of such information: Field Sales, Marketing, and Management. Is an enthusiastic supporter of business needs across multiple levels and departments, is organized, has excellent verbal and written communication skills and thrives in a dynamic environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble and run customized customer reports to support the Sales Manager in analyzing current business trends to include Vendor Performance Scorecards, weekly, monthly and Year to Date POS, Market Basket Data, etc.
- Maintain standard reports to track business (lost sales, in-stock %, fill rates etc.)
- Identify opportunities to improve business with Customer replenishment team(s)
- Track, diagnose and report performance of promotional activities
- Forecasting – comparison of forecasts in customer system vs. actual orders, work with internal demand planning team to assess item level forecasts
- Track weekly shipments, consumption (POS) and inventory (on hand and on order) at the customer level to make forecasting recommendations
- Work with the Operations and Credit departments to investigate and clear customer deductions and/or fines
Customer Account Support
- Attend weekly team calls and quarterly business review meetings
- Manage display replacements and/or display changes in conjunction with planogram updates
- Back-up for Sales Manager as secondary contact to personnel such as Buyers, Buyer’s Assistants, Replenishment Managers, and Analysts etc.
- Assist Sales Manager as required, such as create new item setup, Line Review preparation, promotion system set ups, etc.
- Conduct regular store walks to:
- Monitor Integrity of planogram
- Investigate competitive pressures in store
- Assess promotional execution
- Participate in new store openings
- Conduct regular competitive retailer store walks to:
- Compile/maintain pricing information
- Assess promotional activity
Operating Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Training & Education Requirements:
- Minimum 4 year degree
- 5 to 8 years of sales/channel experience demonstrating steadily increasing responsibilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills and persuasive selling skills
- Proven track record of results
- Superior communication, presentation and people skills
- Strong conflict management/composure skills
- Knowledge of Supply Chain, Finance and Marketing a plus
- Proficient in Windows Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint. SAP/Oracle a plus
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements: (show specifics on following page)
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the National Sales Manager
Supervisory Duties: None
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Our differences make us stronger. We believe that drawing on unique perspectives and experiences will help us improve as a business and better serve our range of consumers around the world.
We’re committed to equal opportunity in employment, development and advancement. We respect the individual talents of each employee, and we foster open, welcoming work environments in our offices around the world.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More