A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This important role, located at the Harrisonville, MO facility, is responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, state and local environmental, health, and safety programs. The Supervisor will ensure the completion of all environmental & safety training programs for applicable employees. The position will oversee the accident protection and prevention program and recommend corrections or additional precautions to ensure compliance to applicable regulations and standards.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the environmental & safety regulations and standards.
- Maintains and improves the environmental & safety programs for the facility.
- Ensures that all environmental permits are maintained.
- Overseas the implementation of the TCPA and DPCC environmental programs.
- Ensures appropriate environmental and safety training is completed, relevant to the work environment, including new employees.
- Responsible for ensuring effective safety committees.
- Oversees the accurate and timely reporting of labor hours and injury/illness information.
- Oversees the coordination of Right to Know information for all employees.
- Establishes the facilities first aid capabilities if appropriate or EMT service if remote.
- Monitors the effectiveness of procedures for correcting hazardous conditions and work practices.
- Works with department supervision to conduct accident investigations in a thorough and timely manner.
- Assists the Human Resources department on workers’ compensation claims management.
- Conducts frequent plant safety inspections and observes workers for safe and unsafe behaviors.
- Responsible for the implementation of the security program including the visitor management system.
- Coordinates the management of the business continuity program.
- Ensures compliance with Department of Transportation regulations.
- Other job duties as required by Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
Skills and Competencies:
- The ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work under time restrains and result driven.
- Ability to organize, classify and structure multiple pieces of information accurately.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills, competent in problem solving, team building, and planning.
- A clear understanding of federal and state environmental regulations and OSHA standards and guidelines and able to apply to a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of worker’s compensation guidelines and procedures.
- Working knowledge of the Department of Transportation regulations.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- An experience level of 5-10 years working in a similar capacity within a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor degree in environmental science or engineering, health & safety or related course of study is preferred.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More