A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, this individual will support the functions of the plant maintenance group by working with the Maintenance Coordinator in developing work schedules and planning all aspects of maintenance job scopes pertaining to work orders, shut downs, and preventive maintenance for equipment and/or areas of the plant.
- Responsible for promoting a safety culture and awareness within all assigned job duties.
- Plans work orders. Works with maintenance, production management, and individual maintenance employees to plan and schedule work, through completion of the following tasks:
- Develops Bill of Material (BOM) for various equipment and/or areas.
- Estimates maintenance labor hours and materials needed to complete work orders.
- Obtains blueprints and/or electrical schematics for review.
- Researches parts, model numbers, manufacturer and develops sources.
- Facilitates part requests from mechanics.
- Monitors the status of work order requisitions and PO’s in order to schedule jobs with delivery of materials.
- Prepares requisitions and allocates material to work orders.
- Schedules the monthly, quarterly and annual preventive maintenance work orders in SAP and ensures accurate periodicity for each. With guidance from the Maintenance Coordinator, develops the weekly PM schedule.
- Evaluates and ensures maintenance inventory reorder points and maximum stock levels are adequate for department usage.
- Evaluates new or proposed equipment, in conjunction with maintenance management, and develops preventive maintenance plan prior to installation.
- Generates purchase requisitions for all refurbishment/non-stock items to be maintained in the store room. Assists employees in locating stock parts and materials in stores.
- Assists the Buyer and Partsroom Specialist with locating alternate vendors and alternatives for obsolete parts.
- Develops and maintains functional location numbers and equipment numbers, and then is responsible for the integrity of that master data within SAP.
- Develops Bill of Material (BOM) for various equipment numbers and/or functional areas as they are developed and identified; then ensures all parts and materials are included that are associated with the specific area, that newly-identified equipment is added to existing BOM’s, and that appropriate stocking levels are established.
- Transitions notifications to work orders, as necessary. Reviews accuracy of work order details, maintains status codes on work orders and reconciles maintenance employees’ labor hours from time and attendance system against the appropriate work orders.
- Tracks all work notifications and conversion of these notifications to work orders; plays a pivotal role in gatekeeping the work notifications with production.
- Monitors all notifications and work orders related to electrical programming needs, in order to stay abreast of programming changes.
- Takes on any additional responsibilities as required by the Maintenance Coordinator or Maintenance Manager.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Use safe operating procedures and judgment.
- Follow all facility rules to maintain quality and integrity of both raw materials and finished products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations to include product and employee safety, OSHA standards, product quality and cost control.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment, calm under pressure, and flexibility to direct work force and adapt to changing schedules as appropriate.
- Strong computer skills (SAP and MS Office Suite).
- In-depth knowledge of production operation, including equipment, materials, work flow, etc.
- Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrate ambiguity to change.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma and 5+ years proven experience working within a related manufacturing environment.
- Associate’s degree or vocational certificate or higher preferred.
- Strong SAP and Excel software experience is preferred.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Our differences make us stronger. We believe that drawing on unique perspectives and experiences will help us improve as a business and better serve our range of consumers around the world.
We’re committed to equal opportunity in employment, development and advancement. We respect the individual talents of each employee, and we foster open, welcoming work environments in our offices around the world.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More