Manager, Customer Logistics
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our Operations team is looking for an ambitious and reliable Customer Logistics Manager whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at our Global Headquarters in Ewing, NJ, you will drive improvements in the business performance of C&D and our customers through a team leadership and communication role. You will make management decisions that influence sales, promotional events, inventory levels, and logistics costs. You are required to delegate tasks and balance workload within the Customer Logistics team. You will work with internal and external groups to successfully implement supply chain policies and initiatives, maintain and improve customer supply chain metrics, as well as address account specific issues. You will also leverage improvements from their accounts to create best practices for the group.
What you’ll do:
• Responsible for overseeing accurate and timely processing of customer orders (VMI, Non-VMI, and CPFR) by team members. Ensure appropriate resolution of service requests (e.g. customer requests and returns). Ensure that team members complete all necessary system transactions daily. Issue required reports as necessary. Communicate critical information to the customer, sales team, IT, transportation, warehousing and supply chain departments promptly. Collaborate with these groups to refine processes impacting overall service performance.
• Build upon advanced knowledge and experience in SAP, GDW and JDA-VMI (order management, data integrity, parameter maintenance, and performance reporting) to identify system and process enhancements. Responsible for control of set up and maintenance of all customer master data in SAP.
• Ability to conduct root cause analysis of logistics metrics (e.g. order compliance, on time delivery, weight compliance, order and pallet minimums, fill rates). Analyze customer data (e.g. ordering patterns, shipment volume) and draw conclusions from that data to recommend actions, solve problems, and implement action plans. Ability to work on issues relevant across multiple customer process areas. Champion process improvement opportunities for both the customer and C&D. Point person for identifying and resolving customer specific logistics issues.
• Effectively communicate with customers, sales teams, and logistics peers. Able to strategically influence others to act. Works well independently and as a team member. Lead communication sessions, project work, or strategy implementation. Organize meetings, deliver presentations, and provide training. Responsible to ensure all team members are trained appropriately for their job profile.
• Develop and complete projects as defined by customer or senior management. Subject matter expert or customer representative on projects. Lead complex projects (e.g. establish objectives, identify tasks, implement changes, and set measurements). Prepare project documentation and flowcharts. Manage transition of project work to everyday business practice. Monitor project outcomes and communicate results.
• Delegate appropriately to others and makes significant contributions to the formulation of customer and departmental strategies. Uses exception management techniques to prioritize the successful completion of critical tasks. Coordinates work activities primarily with the customer and sales teams. Successfully demonstrate business discretion, problem solving, and creative thinking.
• Ability to travel 15 - 20% of time.
What you’ll need:
• 7+ years of Supply Chain/Logistics experience
• Supervisory experience is preferred
• BS/BA degree required
• APICS or other professional certification preferred
• Possesses advanced SAP system knowledge. Possesses advanced customer or channel knowledge
• Advanced system knowledge of GDW (Business Objects) preferred
• Advanced system knowledge of JDA/VMI preferred
• The successful candidate will have the ability to be well organized and handle multiple priorities in a fast paced and team oriented environment
• Mastery of SAP (i.e. order management and performance reporting)
• Strong analytical and MS Office skills are essential
• Excellent interpersonal skills are required
• Other required skills include: time management, organizational management, problem solving, and verbal/written communication
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More