Sr. Research Engineer
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
As a member of the Product Engineering group, will support the mechanical and electrical product development efforts across all the Church & Dwight bands. Will assist the team by being a project lead as well working to design and develop parts of packaging and device solutions and develop test methods and plans to determine the precise designed solutions. Will work in a manner consistent with the Church & Dwight R&D core principles of teamwork, consumer and customer focus, personal responsibility and integrity.
- Be a technical project lead for cross functional technical projects
- Lead the work to create design engineered solutions to innovative primary packaging
- Design, Engineer, and Validate components for Medical Devices
- Interface with team and key stake holders to ensure alignment of project expectations
- Work with external suppliers to ensure their production equipment meets design intent
- Effectively use problem solving skills to identify and assess potential problems and help to develop and implement mitigation or resolution plans and activities.
- Meet timelines, manage expectations, and deliver to those expectations.
- Travel to vendors and manufacturing locations for support of product activities
- Provide regular technical progress updates to R&D partners and potential cross-functional groups within project team, as well as communication to upper management at key project milestones
- Work on and lead cross functional teams to create manufacturable and consumer tested designs
- Use principles of design thinking to create designs based on true consumer needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Applied Sciences from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 7 years of applicable technical experience
- Minimum of 2 years applicable project leadership experience
- History of successful technical project leadership including projects that span across multiple stake holders and external suppliers
- Experience working on Complex multistage projects
- Experience with CAD (SolidWorks or Creo preferred), GD&T, BOMs, mechanical drawings, ECOs.
- Experience in the product design, development and DFM.
- Familiar with Six Sigma tools, (process capability, ANOVA, and statistical techniques) and able to design and execute product test plans utilizing Design of Experiments.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More