Manager, Customer Strategic Planning-Specialty Hair Care
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Church & Dwight has openings for Customer Strategic Planning Managers - Specialty Hair Care across multiple categories (Fabric Care, Personal Care and Health & Well-Being).
The Customer Strategic Planning Manager is the single point of accountability linking a category’s strategies and plans to Field Sales. The Customer Strategic Planning Manager works between the Brand/Category, Field Sales, and the internal teams to communicate brand strategies supported by initiatives and implementation of plans and executional measurement. The CSP Manager works directly with field sales for an end-to-end plan to manage net sales, trade spending and profitability across all classes of trade within assigned strategic business unit portfolio of products.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Insure alignment of strategic trade and brand marketing initiatives across the category
- Lead the annual customer / category planning process, ensuring that all organizational requirements are met from a timing and data integrity standpoint
- Responsible for the coordination and execution of customer business plans that meet brand strategies and deliver corporate growth, trade spend and profit objectives
- Identify and communicate class of trade specific sales opportunities and potential risks, developing execution plans with field sales to close business gaps on sales and/or profit
- Provide the detailed analysis required to make recommendations on allocations of incremental funds to be spent against key corporate initiatives
- Manage the annual bottom up planning process including active support and analysis for key strategic customers as well as providing ongoing feedback and presentation of customer plans and corporate risks and opportunities to headquarter functions.
- Represent Customer Strategic Planning at Brand team meetings to represent Sales and provide direction and insight related to customers and brand performance
- Ensures efficient management of workflow and information between Category and Field Sales
- Coordinate the new product development process for the entire brand life-cycle
- Ensures DSMPs are accurate and deployed based on inputs from Sales Analytics and Business Solutions and Category Management
- Represent sales in the S&OP process and resolve supply/demand/forecasting issues with cross-functional teams (Demand Planning, Customer Service and Marketing) and communicate accordingly to Sales.
- Develops deployment materials for the Sales Playbook (DSMPs)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 1-6 years’ experience with emphasis on Trade Marketing, Field Sales and Sales Operations within a CPG Headquarters environment
- In depth knowledge of retailer go to market strategies and class of trade/channel dynamics
- Demonstrated strong analytical, financial management, business acumen and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of syndicated data systems and reporting methodologies
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of TPM/TPO systems
- Experience with analysis of retail promotion effectiveness and efficiency
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More