Material Coordinator, 4th Shift, Vancouver
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Material Coordinator at our Vancouver, WA facility. Our Material Coordinators perform various inventory control and coordination activities for the company to support the manufacturing operations.
The current opening is available on 4th Shift which works Friday through Sunday and every other Thursday from 5:00 PM to 5:00 AM
The base hourly pay rate is $15.00 plus 4th Shift receives a $1.00 per hour shift differential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Maintains physical control of inventory by following established processes and procedures.
- Performs inventory counts based on cycle counting process.
- Ensures appropriate classification and physical location of inventory.
- Follows FIFO inventory principles to minimize inventory obsolescence.
- Operates forklift and other machinery to move and count inventory.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The successful candidate must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job. Three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing environment and some experience with inventory policies, control, and forklift operation is required in addition to proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel programs. Knowledge of Vitamin, Mineral, & Supplements (VMS) processes and procedures is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Forklift skills and ability to obtain forklift certification.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of inventory policies and control.
- Ability to coordinate efforts with multiple departments.
- High level of organization, process, and communication skills.
- Self-starter/team player with good decision-making skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw reasonable conclusions.
- Ability to compile and decipher information in a spreadsheet format.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and be results oriented.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clean room attire; perform moderate physical activity, including standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day and up to twelve (12) hours per shift; lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds; perform work onsite; and be comfortable in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Our differences make us stronger. We believe that drawing on unique perspectives and experiences will help us improve as a business and better serve our range of consumers around the world.
We’re committed to equal opportunity in employment, development and advancement. We respect the individual talents of each employee, and we foster open, welcoming work environments in our offices around the world.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More