Research Engineer-Electro-Mechanical Design
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
As a member of the Product Engineering group, will support the mechanical and electrical product development efforts across all the Church & Dwight bands. Will drive projects and innovation thru use and adaptation of technology, as well as support our partners in solving complex engineering problems. Will work in a manner consistent with the Church & Dwight R&D core principles of teamwork, consumer and customer focus, personal responsibility and integrity.
- Be contributing team member on the Technical Packaging & Commercialization Team.
- Work well with the team to learn and grow in a role that directly influences product launch dates
- Create, Engineer, and validate custom packaging and hard good solutions
- Utilize Design thinking and rapid prototyping to ensure solutions delight the consumer
- Design, program, and validate automated test fixtures
- Interface with team and key stake holders to ensure alignment of project expectations
- Identify and assess potential problems and help to develop and implement mitigation or resolution plans and activities.
- Meet timelines, manage expectations, and deliver to those expectations.
- Work on and manage complex project utilizing outside engineering resources
- Travel to vendors and manufacturing locations for support of product activities ~10%
- Provide regular technical progress updates to R&D partners and potential cross-functional groups within project team, as well as communication to upper management at key project milestones
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Applied Sciences from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 3-5 years of applicable technical experience
- Technical ability in Solidworks or Creo Cad Systems
- Understand of test method design and development
- Experience with GD&T and mechanical drawings.
- Experience in the product design, development and DFM (injection molding and assembly).
- Familiar with statistical techniques used in general engineering (process capability, gage R&R)
- Ability to work comfortably in a team environment and effectively collaborate with partners; possess interpersonal skills, positive attitude and skill to motivate others
- Proficient in attention to detail and communication
- Ability to follow and create written documentation to an establish protocol
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More