Sr. Manager-Safety Operations
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The role of the Safety Operations Sr. Manager is to provide guidance and assistance to the Director and the Company operations to maintain compliance with the various country, federal and state safety and health regulations for the global operations.
- Establish and coordinate global safety policy and procedures for global operations
- Coordinate site assessments, investigations, and inspections
- Evaluate safety related risks and ensure cost effective protection systems
- Provide consultation and technical guidance on safety and related regulatory matters for the Company and site management
- Establish and maintain organization with facility safety coordinators of the global operations
- Receive and evaluate facility monthly safety reports for improvements
- Prepares an annual safety performance report with benchmarks from other CPG companies for continual improvement
- Participate in development and maintaining Company disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Oversee and coordinate casualty insurance and casualty broker safety inspections to continuously reduce DART and ODSA recordable rates
- Monitor safety related legislation (domestic and international), administrative standards, and industry best practices and interpret affects on the Company
- Participate in workers compensation reviews and trend analysis for consistent case management practices at the global operations
- Develop and conduct training programs as needed including a leadership role in behavior based safety
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety Science, Engineering, or Natural Science
- 10 + years experience in safety related positions in consumer products, chemical, or related industries
- Experience in OSHA general industry and construction standards
- Familiarity with NFPA codes (including the NEC) and construction codes
- Experience with FM or equivalent loss prevention standards
- Experience with workers compensation insurance management
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Our differences make us stronger. We believe that drawing on unique perspectives and experiences will help us improve as a business and better serve our range of consumers around the world.
We’re committed to equal opportunity in employment, development and advancement. We respect the individual talents of each employee, and we foster open, welcoming work environments in our offices around the world.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More