Manufacturing Engineer Trainee
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
What we’re about:
- Innovation-We consistently generate new ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
- Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
- Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
- Entrepreneurialism-We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.
Under the Technical Manager’s supervision, incumbent will be responsible for providing technical and project support for a manufacturing and packaging facility. Assignments to this role will include safety, cost reduction, capital and general engineering projects. There will also be assignments which will need technical support related to ensuring a safe, efficient, and productive work environment at Church and Dwight. Other aspects of the position involve networking and communicating with other site management and teams, high-level skill development training, and direct interaction with the facility and its operators
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a similar field
- 0 to 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Relevant internship or other related work will also be considered.
- Previous project work demonstrating ability to work as a part of a team and complete projects on time and within constraints.
- Demonstrated effective communications and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated leadership skills a plus.
- Prior work experience demonstrating ability to meet schedules and demonstrate reliability a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems at a high level.
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively manage time.
- Ability to work independently and/or with a team to complete projects in a timely manner.
Drug Free Workplace:
All applicants who have received an offer of employment, as a condition of employment, are subject to our pre-employment drug testing process. The pre-employment testing procedure consists of dual testing methods: hair sample testing and a 10 panel urine sample test. Positive results will result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment immediately and the applicant will no longer be considered for employment. PLEASE NOTE: Medical Marijuana is not accepted as an exemption even where medical marijuana use is legal under state law, regulation or ordinance: testing positive for the presence of Marijuana or its metabolites will be considered a positive result and will result in withdrawal of the offer.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Our differences make us stronger. We believe that drawing on unique perspectives and experiences will help us improve as a business and better serve our range of consumers around the world.
We’re committed to equal opportunity in employment, development and advancement. We respect the individual talents of each employee, and we foster open, welcoming work environments in our offices around the world.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More