A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This highly visible position is in the Production Facility at our Harrisonville, MO location. The Machine Operator is involved in machine start up/shutdown and operation of all the equipment involved in production on the liquid packaging line including: unscrambler, filler, SWF trayformer, SWF case sealer, Hartness case packer, and palletizer/stretch wrapper.
- $13.59/hr starting
- $0.75/hr increase at 3 months
- $0.75/hr increase at 6 months
- $1.00/hr increase at 1 year
- advancement opportunities up to $20.03/hr
- $1.00 shift differential for overnight shifts
What you’ll do:
- Perform operational set up/shut down and maintain operation of packing line equipment.
- Establish familiarity with raw material part numbers, sizes of bottles, and box quantities.
- Clear jams and restart equipment such as sealer, caseformer, and Hartness/Standard Knapp.
- Hand stack cases of finished goods onto pallets in the event palletizer is non-functional.
- Identify alarms on various equipment and appropriately and safely clear jam to restart packaging line.
- Apply and understand proper lock out/tag out procedures for each piece of equipment assigned to operate.
- Load bottles into unscrambler and/or load 200 oz. bottles directly onto conveyor.
- Load bundles of corrugate into caseformer executing safe lifting techniques.
- Inspect finished product for defects at various points on the packing line.
- Regularly perform housekeeping duties to keep work area clean and neat.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Previous manufacturing experience helpful
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational/time management skills would be a plus.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Our differences make us stronger. We believe that drawing on unique perspectives and experiences will help us improve as a business and better serve our range of consumers around the world.
We’re committed to equal opportunity in employment, development and advancement. We respect the individual talents of each employee, and we foster open, welcoming work environments in our offices around the world.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More