Manager, Procurement - Commodities & Services
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
An experienced procurement professional who can lead the development of a strategic vision and operational plan in chemical and packaging commodities, as well as work with suppliers to meet and exceed expectations for quality and service. The Commodities & Service manager will be responsible for managing a portfolio of commodities, including financially hedged commodities, as well as leading our efforts to improve direct supplier service and quality levels, and will contribute to achievement of overall Procurement goals for savings, quality and service.
- Provide Procurement and Functional stakeholders an understanding of key commodities and the components that impact input costs to drive the commodity management program forward, meeting the cost containment needs of the business
- Monitor commodity markets and indexes to refine and influence short-term and long-term procurement commodity and hedging strategies
- Develop and deliver recommendations for commodity hedging transactions
- Provide innovation and expertise into the development of new commodity management strategies
- Work with Accounting/External Audit to influence the use of new hedging techniques and accounting treatment
- Benchmark with other strategic organizations to gain insight into new tools and techniques for commodity management
- Gather market intelligence and develop commodity strategies related to supply and demand for all key commodities and applicable markets
- Provide senior leadership with all necessary commodity information for quarterly analyst and earnings calls
- Manage relationships with financial institutions and execution of hedging activity
- Devise ways and means to maximize commodity buying efficiency and minimize risks, with the objective of price stability within a given market
- Develop pricing strategies for all commodities, looking at the entire basket to meet year over year financial targets
- Lead Supplier Reliability program to improve direct supplier service and quality levels
- Coordinate with direct procurement team and materials management team members to identify, manage and resolve supplier issues affecting service to plants
- Where relevant, propose solutions to supply chain operations to enable improved supplier service, with focus on supplier capacity
- Coordinate efforts with the Quality function to engage suppliers with quality issues to quickly resolve issues and to adapt sustained solutions to the root causes
- Present Supplier reliability KPIs and improvement plans to senior management
- Work effectively with all levels of suppliers in driving to implement service and quality improvements
- Bachelors (required) preferable in Economics, Finance, or Mathematics, MBA or CPSM (preferred)
- 7+ yrs. Total experience, 3+ working in procurement with commodity/commodity risk management
- Strong knowledge Excel, Access, Word; PowerPoint, Outlook, ERP systems knowledge
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Our differences make us stronger. We believe that drawing on unique perspectives and experiences will help us improve as a business and better serve our range of consumers around the world.
We’re committed to equal opportunity in employment, development and advancement. We respect the individual talents of each employee, and we foster open, welcoming work environments in our offices around the world.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More