National Business Manager, Beauty Retail Sales
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Directs and manages the sales process for assigned national customers, ensuring all CHD goals and objectives are attained. National Beauty Retailers include Ulta, Sally Beauty, and TJ Maxx.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Works with minimal direction to build and execute plans that deliver annual sales, monthly/quarterly forecast and profit goals
- Responsible for overall financial management (Siebel, Trade Spend, Deductions, Slotting, SG&A). Manages within trade budget & profit guidelines
- Ability to analyze syndicated and consumption data to help deliver overall goals.
- Exhibits a strong understanding of key customer strategies and shopper insights. Leverages with key account growth plans
- Works with Brand Managers to understand key brand initiatives and incorporates into key account plans
- Proactively brings forward customer opportunities to accelerate growth
- Manages select businesses through a Broker Partner to achieve Church & Dwight strategic goals. Provides leadership, direction and support to broker NBMs to execute division goals and objectives
- Builds strong relationships at senior levels in key customers to maximize CHD results. Develops and maintains customer journey map, employing techniques like leading regularly scheduled top-to-top meetings, joint business plans, and annual innovation summits to move customer along a coordinated approach to growing our partnership
- Collaborates with Beauty Sales CSP, brand marketing and other cross-functional departments
- Ability to influence, have an entrepreneurial mind set and impact positive change
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university
- Must have a minimum 4-6 years of experience selling within CPG industry
- Must have minimum 2 year’s managing regional managers or national account managers
- Experience managing broker network preferred (NBM only)
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Syndicated Data, Trade Promotion Management
- Position requires individual to have a thorough understanding of business financials and experience presenting to executive level personnel within their own company; and at top Retailers.
Skills and Competencies
- Action Oriented/Entrepreneurial
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Quality Decision-making and Prioritization
- Financially-Conscious Sales Skills
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Our differences make us stronger. We believe that drawing on unique perspectives and experiences will help us improve as a business and better serve our range of consumers around the world.
We’re committed to equal opportunity in employment, development and advancement. We respect the individual talents of each employee, and we foster open, welcoming work environments in our offices around the world.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More