A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This highly visible position is located at our Harrisonville, MO location. The Maintenance Technician will be accountable for handling packaging line Preventative Maintenance, work orders/equipment repairs, and line improvement as well as some general facility or processing work as needed. The MT will be focused on an entire line or set of lines pertaining to technical aspects of machine requirements, PM, repairs etc. The MT will support the line operators from a technical standpoint in areas such as trouble shooting and training, maintenance planning and should have a slightly bigger picture perspective of the operation.
Shift: Overnights, 6pm to 6am
Pay: $26.17 / hour
$1.00 shift differential for overnights
- Provides technical support to packaging teams during hours of line production. This could include but not limited to trouble shooting, machine repairs, PLC review or trouble shooting, machine adjustments and fine tuning, elimination of bottle necks, operator training, and machine set up, changeover execution and actually running equipment if needed
- Performs maintenance activity (PM, work order, improvement projects) for assigned as scheduled. Coordinates maintenance activities in total with Maintenance Resource, to effectively balance [PM, repair and maintenance, line improvement and equipment overhaul] with available labor and production needs
- Works with and trains on all maintenance related activities – pairs up with other MT’s to share knowledge and experience when performing maintenance activity
- Works with Maintenance and operations team on execution of TPM program
- Uses computer to communicate and follow up as needed (equipment history file)
- And other duties as instructed to perform
- Regular and predictable attendance is required
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma
- 1+ years proven maintenance experience working within a related manufacturing environment
- Allen-Bradley SLC experience and three-phase electrical knowledge is required along with a demonstrated understanding of industrial controls, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail
- Associate’s degree or vocational certificate preferred
- Machine tool experience desired
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good oral and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Mechanical aptitude proven through annual testing
- Knowledge of industrial controls, hydraulics, and pneumatics proven through annual testing
- Three-phase electrical knowledge and good understanding of PLCs proven through annual testing
- Machine tool experience proven through annual testing
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results
- Generalist electrical, mechanical and facilities proven through testing
- Able to make decisions and demonstrate ambiguity
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More