Tool Tech I
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Service and fabricate tooling/molding components or production and assembly fixturing from existing components, blue prints, sketches, and/or verbal instructions. Respond to production mold, Bruderer, scaler, tooling, or fixture problems and molded or manufactured part discrepancies. Assist coworkers and engineers in analyzing problems and take appropriate corrective action. Basic CNC knowledge.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Promote safe work habits within the department and within the Company. Display strong team player skills. Cooperate with persons in the department and outside the department. Promote cooperation with customers and department staff.
- Assist in analyzing fixture, tooling, equipment, or mold problems and making necessary repairs in an effective and efficient manner. Ensure that maintenance, repair, or fabrication is to standards that meet product quality and specification requirements and mold or manufacturing process capability.
- Demonstrate ability in basic planning, layout, and execution of complex machining operations in fixturing and tooling construction. Work from blue prints, sketches or verbal information provided by engineers, mold makers, project leaders or other tool room personnel.
- Promote continuous improvement by learning new techniques and having a willingness to learn new technologies.
- Possess necessary precision measuring equipment and hand tools. Must have knowledge of surface grinding.
- Respond to machine down problems or other urgencies in an expeditious manner. Able to maintain quality work while attaining on time delivery goals.
- Take an active part in the performance review process. Participate on appropriate department based teams.
- Conduct all activities in a fair, ethical manner which is in compliance with all corporate policies.
- Responsible for following quality system procedures. Assist in procedure development when required. Ensure product quality and take appropriate action when non-conformances are identified. Maintain accurate records as required.
- Maintain and update Oracle based mold service procedures.
- Assist in all areas of production, as needed, to meet department production goals and perform other duties, as assigned.
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to hold machine tolerances to .001 inches and grinding tolerances to 0.0001 inches. Have experience in drilling, tapping, boring, milling, grinding and turning with the capability of teaching these skills to others.
- Basic knowledge in the operation of tool room machine tools. Capable of producing parts within dimensional and surface finish specifications.
- Basic skill level performance in all required operations of the Manufacturing Support departments. Maintain efficiency, accuracy and use good judgment under pressure.
- Demonstrate good workmanship, initiative and ingenuity, cooperation and communication skills.
- Able to read blue print and use personal computers and applicable software (i.e. Oracle). Follow performance and craftsmanship examples of consistently producing quality work, taking care of Company equipment and good housekeeping.
Education and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Have some formal vocational training or one to two years technical experience in machine shop practices, tool and die or mold making.
- Have good math skills including algebra and trigonometry.
- Additional trade-related training, welding, pneumatics, electronics seminars and classes helpful.
- Surface Grinding
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements
- Accustom to working conditions in a tool and die and injection molding or manufacturing environment including: acceptable noise levels, dust and odors from plastic material and other associated chemicals, and exposure to high temperatures.
- Overtime may be required.
- Hearing protection and eye protection are required.
- Safety shoes are recommended.
- Must have a valid Colorado driver’s license
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Department Manager.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Our differences make us stronger. We believe that drawing on unique perspectives and experiences will help us improve as a business and better serve our range of consumers around the world.
We’re committed to equal opportunity in employment, development and advancement. We respect the individual talents of each employee, and we foster open, welcoming work environments in our offices around the world.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More