Unit Dose Mechanic - Crew D
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We currently have an excellent opportunity located at our Manufacturing plant in Old Fort, OH:
Crew D: Hours 7:00pm-7:15am on 14 day schedule: week one - Wednesday/Thursday and week two - Monday/Tuesday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday
Maintains, repairs high speed packaging & batching equipment while maximizing production requirements that meets/exceeds manufacturing specifications.
What you’ll do:
- Multi-skilled with strong mechanical aptitude and abilities and a solid electrical background. Must have a basic proficiency in welding and machining (lathe, mill, drill press, band saw).
- Must be able to read mechanical and electrical blueprints.
- Troubleshoots, adjusts, times and makes all repairs to packaging department equipment –Multi Chamber Thermal Former Equipment, Unit Dose Filler-Packaging-Weighing and Conveying Equipment, Caser, Palletizer, Stretch Wrapper, and all raw materials conveying equipment – with minimal downtime.
- Preventive maintenance on all packaging equipment.
- Fabricates stock parts for the packaging equipment as needed.
- Repairs/rebuilds motors, brakes, pumps etc. when necessary.
- Tracks electrical problems on all equipment including the PLC’s.
- Performs machine change over’s and sets-up all packaging lines to ensure well-organized startups for increased production
- Assist in meeting high quality standards and production quotas in the Unit Dose Department.
- Subject to overtime as needed to meet production demands, and able to perform unit dose operator duties if needed.
- Familiar with the plant food safety program and basic HACCP principles
- Work scheduled shift /overtime as needed.
- Must be self starting/can work without direction.
- Use safe operating procedures and judgment including Lock Out Tag Procedures specified by Old Fort Facility.
- Operate forklift in a safe and timely manner.
- Follow all facility rules to maintain quality and integrity of both raw materials and finished products
- Lift 50 pounds consistently
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma / GED is required
- Minimum two years Mechanical Experience
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Our differences make us stronger. We believe that drawing on unique perspectives and experiences will help us improve as a business and better serve our range of consumers around the world.
We’re committed to equal opportunity in employment, development and advancement. We respect the individual talents of each employee, and we foster open, welcoming work environments in our offices around the world.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More