Machine Tech III for Water Pik, Inc.
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Performs repetitive operations on small standardized parts to close tolerances using basic machine shop equipment, including but not limited to drills, mills, lathes, presses, grinders, tumblers and sanders, Surface grinding.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recognizes defective tooling, machine malfunctions and dimensional deviations.
- Makes machine set-ups and have trouble shooting skills. Keeps fixturing clear of chips to insure proper positioning of work.
- Assists co-workers in various job functions and performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Removes chips and performs simple maintenance procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Responsible for following quality system procedures. Assists in procedure development when required. Ensures product quality and takes appropriate action when non-conformances are identified. Keeps accurate records as required.
- Responsible for accurate documentation of all work performed.
- Conduct all activities in a fair, ethical manner which is in compliance with all corporate policies.
Operating Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Reads blueprints and understands measuring procedures.
- Uses scales, calipers, micrometers, direct reading and fixed gauges to measure work.
- Experience developing written instructions and providing written directions for subsequent shifts and/or co-workers
- Must have working knowledge of machining operations, surface grinding, materials, production standards and measuring instruments.
Training & Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Competent in basic math skills, i.e. shop arithmetic.
Vocational or high school education may be supplemented by on the job training plus five (5) years of applied machine shop experience.
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements: (show specifics on following page)
- Must be able to perform repetitive operations.
- Eyesight sufficient to examine parts for cosmetic defects and use appropriate measuring equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds 45 inches from the floor several times a day.
- Involves bending, reaching, and standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to carry chips, parts and material back and forth in the building, place on shelves and lift into ship disposal areas.
- Must be able to tolerate odors associated with machining operations.
- May be exposed to noise, oil and hazards associated with metal working machinery.
- Must be willing to work shifts and overtime if required. This position is for 2nd shift, 2:30 - 11:30PM.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to Department Leader/Manager or Senior Machinist.
Supervisory Duties: Generally does not supervise others but may be asked to explain procedures, locations of equipment and offer assistance to new hires.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Our differences make us stronger. We believe that drawing on unique perspectives and experiences will help us improve as a business and better serve our range of consumers around the world.
We’re committed to equal opportunity in employment, development and advancement. We respect the individual talents of each employee, and we foster open, welcoming work environments in our offices around the world.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More