Cost Savings Analyst at Water Pik, Inc.
At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. As a rapidly growing organization, we are always seeking passionate and creative individuals whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
With the support of Manufacturing Engineers, Design Engineers, Quality Engineers and Regulatory this position will be responsible for managing, developing, tracking and approving the product cost reductions of new and existing products. This position is responsible to insure that all qualification testing, regulatory and product documentation is completed. This position is also responsible for tracking the financial benefit from implemented cost reduction projects for a minimum of a 3 year period.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze products (both current and in development) for potential cost reductions in both material and labor.
- Works with Design, Operations, Quality and Regulatory Departments to identify potential performance, quality and regulatory issues related to proposed cost reduction ideas.
- Develops financial estimates to evaluate cost reductions ideas. This will include but is not limited to unit costs, annual costs and project implementation costs (i.e. tooling, regulatory, etc.).
- Working with the Operations department, will lead the negotiations with the supplier to confirm cost reductions ideas.
- Develops plan and schedule to implement approved cost reduction ideas.
- Work with the Operations department to track and quantify cost reductions on a monthly basis.
- Other duties as required.
Operating Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate the ability to set priorities and work under minimum supervision.
- Possess good problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly through written and presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of accuracy with strong attention to detail.
- Strong MS Office skills required.
Training & Education Requirements:
- Associates degree in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years employment in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have a strong cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards.
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements:
- Travel requirements: 5-10% internationally
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More