Packer (MFG) - VN
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Manufacturing Packer at our Vancouver, WA plant! This position is available on our 4th shift which works Friday through Sunday and every other Thursday from 5:00 PM to 5:00 AM. Under general supervision, this position performs work a variety of manufacturing roles as outlined in this job description. Packer employees must receive training for each specific role prior to performing the work. Only Department Trainers or other department personnel that have completed “Train the Trainer” may conduct training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Wearing proper GMP and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) attire for all tasks including: shoe covers, gowns, hair restraint(s), gloves, masks, sleeve covers, hearing protection, safety glasses, etc.
- Ensuring proper clean room attire is worn in the clean room.
- Understanding Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
- Performing cleaning tasks as assigned by Packing Lead and/or Supervisor.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Sorter – Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspecting and sorting for any flawed product by looking for deformities, discoloration, over- or under-sized product, etc.
- Emptying waste crates as needed.
Bagger – Duties and Responsibilities
- Operating the Weigher located in the bagging station.
- Verifying proper set up of the scale as per product specifications.
Sealer – Duties and Responsibilities
- Operating bag sealer.
- Setting up sealer stamping system to read product number, Work Order (WO) number, and date.
Boxer – Duties and Responsibilities
- Filling and taping boxes as per product specifications.
Palletizer – Duties and Responsibilities
- Palletizing bulk boxes onto pallets as per product specifications.
- Placing labels on boxes.
- Placing pallet tag on pallet when completed.
- Shrink-wrapping pallets.
- Placing completed pallets into trailers.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED plus one (1) year work experience and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to sort, count, and verify product quantities.
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately.
- Ability to read and carry out oral and written instructions in English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to detect problems or flawed products and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infraction control standards.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Ability to perform work on-site in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust; wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clean room attire; and perform moderate physical activity, including standing and/or walking for more than four (4) and up to twelve (12) hours per shift and lifting/carrying items weighing 50 pounds.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More